The purpose of Neighborhood Watch is to reduce crime and criminal opportunity in participating neighborhoods by fostering communication and helpful relationships between the police and neighborhoods and between neighbors.
What Can I Do?
- Get to know your neighbors. Ask if they would like to join a Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Be suspicious! Report suspicious person(s), vehicles, and activities immediately. Call 9-1-1.
- Install proper locks. Close and lock windows and doors when not at home.
- Host a Neighborhood Watch meeting.
- Participate in the Neighborhood Watch Program. Exchange names, phone numbers, and addresses with other participants.
- Volunteer to be a block captain.
- Read your Neighborhood Watch newsletter.
- If you need assistance with getting a Neighborhood Watch meeting started, contact the Crime Prevention Section at (630) 543-3080.
- Above all, be concerned. It's the most effective way to reduce or prevent crime.
- Learn valuable crime prevention tips through special presentations at your Neighborhood Watch meetings.