Senior Citizens Police Academy
What is the Senior Citizens Police Academy?
The Senior Citizens Police Academy is a 7-week program designed to give participants an understanding of the Addison Police Department and its operations. The program consists of a series of classes, discussions, and tours held once a week and concludes with a graduation ceremony.
There is no cost to participate in the Senior Citizens Police Academy.
Each class will provide interesting information on the operations of the Addison Police Department and issues that affect law enforcement in the Village of Addison.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet and interact with several members of the Addison Police Department as police personnel share their areas of expertise.
What are the benefits of the Senior Citizens Police Academy?
- Learning crime prevention strategies for protecting yourself from crime
- Developing an understanding of the operations of the Addison Police Department
- An understanding of Community Oriented Policing
- Being able to share crime prevention strategies with other senior citizens
- Learn the importance of crime scene protection and evidence collection in processing a crime
- Meeting members of the Addison Police Department
- Become a well-informed senior citizen
- Individuals who are 55 years of age or older
- Must live or work in the Village of Addison or own property in Addison
- Interested citizens must fill out an application and agree to a background check
- Senior citizens who have an interest in learning about the Addison Police Department
- Residents interested in learning about volunteer opportunities with the Addison Police Department
- Crimes Against Seniors
- Meeting Police Officers
- Cons, Scams and Frauds
- Overview of Patrol Operations
- Addison Consolidated Dispatch Center
- Personal Safety
- Police Hiring Process
- Home and Vehicle Safety
- Evidence Collection Process
- Gang Information
- Drug Awareness Information
- Law Enforcement Accreditation
- Graduation Ceremony
- Addison Police Department
- Evidence Building
- DuPage County Coroner's Facility