Thank you for your interest in employment at the Addison Police Department.
We are currently not taking applications for police officers, and there are no civilian openings at this time.
For more information on employment with the Village of Addison, visit their website at www.addisonadvantage.org.
The mission of the Addison Police Department Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) program is to support members in providing police service and to promote community partnership.
Become a part of the Addison Police Department team bringing quality public safety services to the residents of Addison. We value our volunteers' diversity of skills, abilities, education, and life experiences which they nobly donate to our community. The most effective law enforcement efforts are collaborative partnerships between police and community members. Our volunteers perform a wide variety of duties throughout the Department, enabling our paid personnel to concentrate on specialized tasks and better manage their workflow. Some of our programs are volunteer-driven and would not exist without them! We provide our volunteers with on-the-job training, enabling them to achieve their peak performance in service to the Village of Addison.
For Tier 1 VIPS Positions (most volunteer positions):
For Tier 2 VIPS Positions (Victim assistance, any volunteer position at the neighborhood resource center or school resource center):
- Must be at least 18 years of age (except Explorers age 14-21).
- Have a valid driver's license or other I.D.
- Criminal history check
- Certified copies of birth certificate and high school transcripts or G.E.D.
- Selection interview in prospective unit/s
- All of the Tier 1 steps listed above
- Must be at least 21 years of age for victim assistance
- Extensive background interview and investigation
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN THE ADDISON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Current List of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Citizens on Patrol (C.O.P.)
- Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.)
- Police Explorers
- Lobby Greeters
- Records Assistants
- Citizens Police Academy
- Senior Citizens Police Academy
- Teen Police Academy
- Seniors and Law Enforcement Together (S.A.L.T.)
- Neighborhood Watch
- Eagle Eye Neighborhood Park Watch
- Henry Hyde Resource Center
- Student Participation Center
Public safety is the domain of both law enforcement and the community that it serves. This shared responsibility achieves peak results when police integrate citizen involvement in their daily operations. The Addison Police Department is proud to offer a variety of important volunteer opportunities for community participation. Our Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) bring an array of skills and talents, fresh perspective, and tremendous commitment to their volunteer roles that continually demonstrate how vital this partnership between our Department and our citizens truly is. If you desire an exceptional experience in helping to safeguard the community, please consider this invitation to you to join our law enforcement team. Discover the profound reward of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the men and women whose mission it is to protect our community. Be the Source for the Force.
If you are interested in our volunteer program, please e-mail Administrative Sergeant B. Lindstrom at BLindstrom@addison-il.org.
- Experience the joy of helping others.
- Learn new skills "on the job."
- Explore career options.
- Build your resume.
- Discover new interests and aspirations.
- Civic pride.
- Community involvement.
- Meet and get to know the men and women behind the uniform who serve our community.
- Assist the Police Department and your neighbors during disasters.