ENTRY-LEVEL AND LATERAL POLICE OFFICER HIRING PROCESS
The Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Addison, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Addison Police Department.
Salary: $73,871 - $104,829
Sworn Police Officers: 68
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Addison:
* U.S. citizenship;
* No felony convictions;
* Valid State-issued driver's license;
* Minimum of 20 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age by the application deadline date (August 4, 2020), unless otherwise exempt by State statute. All applicants that are 20 years of age must turn 21 years of age by the time of Official Certification as a Police Officer by the Illinois Training and Standards Board. This certification usually takes place during the last week of the Police Academy Training;
* Possess an Associate's degree -OR- the equivalent of at least 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college (official transcripts will be required at the background investigation stage);
* Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. test card (issued between August 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020);
* No tattoos will be permitted unless they are covered by the appropriate uniform. This includes but is not limited to hands, neck and face;
* Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Lateral Transfer Candidates: An applicant who is a police officer in good standing with the law enforcement agency he/she is employed with and certified by the State certification board is eligible to be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
* Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to obtain a P.O.W.E.R. test card;
* Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam;
* Lateral transfer candidates ARE REQUIRED to participate in the oral interview process.
In order to be eligible for the Lateral Transfer Eligibility List, you must meet the following requirements:
* Status as a sworn municipal, Illinois State Trooper or County Sheriff's Deputy for one year after completion of a probationary period; AND
* In good standing in the police department in which the person serves/served or was a previously sworn Village of Addison police officer who left/separated from the Village of Addison Police Department in good standing and has been gone/separated from the Village of Addison Police Department for no more than one (1) year; AND
* Possesses substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a Village of Addison police officer who has completed the probationary period; AND
* Possesses an Associate's degree -OR- sixty (60) semester hours of credit from an institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education; AND
* Has taken and passed such examinations as the Commission deems necessary to determine fitness for duty as a police officer.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at 4:00 PM (CST).
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information,
please visit the following website:
The Village of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer.