Special Projects Unit
The Special Projects Unit is staffed by one Patrol Officer who reports to the Administrative Sergeant. This position has several job responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Developing and assigning special projects to personnel.
- Developing policies and procedures through the formulation of General Orders consistent with CALEA standards.
- Acting as the training coordinator by establishing and maintaining training records and lesson plans and overseeing the Training Committee.
- Acting as the grant coordinator by researching and pursuing grant opportunities available through public and private funding sources with the assistance of grant writing consultants.
- Acting as the accreditation manager by gathering all proofs of compliance and ensuring all CALEA standards are completed on time to ensure that the Department achieves successful reaccredidation status.
- Completing any other tasks as assigned by the Administrative Sergeant.
- Acting as the public information officer for the Police Department.